Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We have a Packard player piano and bench bought in 1900, It

Customer Question

We have a Packard player piano and bench bought in 1900, It is in good condition, Has not been tuned in many years but it sounds pretty good even though. The little plates on the white keys need some replacement. and the air bag needs repair. what do you say it is worth.Dorothy Hein , (###) ###-#### ***** 9:30 am to 8:30 a.m. or***@******.***
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.

Hi Dorothy, thanks for your question. It is a bit too late for me to make a phone call and that service would cost your more, which honestly you don't need for this appraisal.

Old upright player pianos are very common on the used market as they were produced in high numbers prior to the depression. I note your mention of the issues the piano has, with the keys veneers and air reservoirs. Considering the very old age and the condition issues, the piano won't have much value. Old pianos are not valued like antiques--rather they depreciate over time as the parts wear.

In the current used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $350-$700. Best wishes!
Please select a positive rating before leaving--this is how I'm credited for working with you. Thanks!