Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a " Gautier" Virtuoso trumpet that has the name and

Customer Question

I have a "Henry Gautier" Virtuoso trumpet that has the name and floral/ribbon engravings. Mother of pearl buttons. It seems to be silver plated. I'm told it is worth quite a bit. Where can I take it to set an appraisal?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Is this the full size trumpet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure, I can send a picture

Hello

I do not need a picture, I know about these. I just need to know if it is the full size one or the pocket trumpet!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Then I believe it is a full size.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The case is about 1 1/2 feet long

Hello

One more thing, what condition is this in?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rather good I believe, it is playable

Hello my name is Glenda,
.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Henry Gautier Virtuoso trumpet in the case, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $350.00-425.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.

I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda