Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We have a Steinway 12 ' Concert Piano with the serial

Customer Question

We have a Steinway 12 ' Concert Piano with the serial numbers inside of 4011 K in need of minor repairs but was played up until 1 year ago....what is best way of determining its current value?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Can you double check the serial number? That is a very low number. It can be found by the tuning pins and strings. Also, Steinway never made a 12' grand. So I'm assuming this is a 9' concert grand? Can you included interior and exterior photos of it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my bad...it's a 9 foot AND we have a 6 ft as well we need to sell IMMEDIATELY. The man who owned these pianos was a semi-famous pianoist and was 86 years old. I am sure he did not buy them new. The numbers are correct...and I will have exterior and interior photos sent you later today hopefully...he was playing the 9 ft until weeks before his death. Sounded beautiful still!
Thanks for the info and photos. Would you be able to supply further photos showing the overall piano as well as different parts of the insides? Also, where is the "4011 K" number found in the piano?