twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I am looking to find the correct value Bösendorfer 225 made

Customer Question

I am looking to find the correct value for a Bösendorfer 225 made in 1998, in pristine condition, lightly used, for insurance purposes but also possible sale.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Attached are some photos. Let me know if this is enough.
Roderick
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The instrument is in fine condition and well-maintained. I am a concert pianist.
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the images.

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you with a past sale record to establish value.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 8 months ago.

Hello Roderick,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Your Bosendorfer 225 semi-concert grand is one of the finest pianos ever made. It's unique in that it has 92 keys.

If your piano is in excellent condition, both cosmetically and functionally, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $43,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $17,200, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Roderick.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 7 months ago.

Hi Roderick,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.