twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

Columba grand accordian 307.50 : Grand vox accordian by

Customer Question

Columba grand cox accordian 307.50
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Grand vox accordian by Colombo serial #307-50
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: Made in italy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Colombo & Sons was founded in San Francisco in 1927 by Colombo Piatanesi and his two sons, Gary and Faust. From the late 1930s, they imported the less expensive models from the Piatanesi family in Italy. In 1954 production in the USA stopped and all accordions were imported from Italy.

If your accordion is in excellent condition, both cosmetically and functionally, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $1,500. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $600.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.