Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I donated my father's Silver Sonic trombone to a gh school

Customer Question

I donated my father's King Silver Sonic trombone to a high school band. He, at one time (66-68) played with the Count Basie Orchestra. He passed away sometime ago. I was wondering what his horn (in good to excellent shape) would be appraised .
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: I forgot. He also used the same horn when he left the Basie Orchestra a nd went with the Dukes of Dixieland. There is a picture of " The Dukes" on page 84 of the Great Chefs of New Orleans cookbook which was featured on a television series.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 6 months ago.

Hello Zander,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Do you know the model or serial number of this trombone, or know when it was built?