Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

Player piano JA: I love the notion of my brother's old

Customer Question

Player piano
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Auto piano Grand Prix model made in new york
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: Think made in 1909
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It timed out and I paid the 5
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 months ago.
Do you still want help with this? Your question was posted at almost 2 AM (my time) and I was offline then.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please my phone(###) ###-####
Thanks for the info and photos. Sorry but I can't place a call right now and there is an extra cost to that service. I'll go ahead and provide your answer though if you still want a call later I can submit a request to you for additional service.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In viewing the photos I see the piano is in poor condition. It is below average compare to other pianos at the time. I'm just assuming the player function does not currently work. Old pianos don't gain value just from being old like antiques, they actually lose value because the mechanical pieces wear out over time. The fact that this is a player helps with value a bit though condition hurts the overall price. In the current market I would recommend a price of under $200. I would advise trying to find someone who wants to just take it off your hands for free as it may be very difficult to actually find a buyer. Sorry for the bad news but hope it is helpful. Best wishes!
Hi, did you need more help?