Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Chicago Cottage pump organ, Styles 37/805 in Ash

Customer Question

I have a Chicago Cottage pump organ, Styles 37/805 in Ash wood. The serial No. is 110810. It is in good condition and still plays. It does need tuning. Can you give me an idea of when it was made and how much it is worth now. Thanks so much.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the organ and any marks, labels or writing.
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I am a musical instrument appraisal expert and can help you. I'm not sure why there is a reply from someone else, my apologies. These old pump organs are pretty common these days and continually flood the market. They were made in high numbers in the late 1800's and early 1900's but were made obsolete by cheaper and better quality pianos. They no longer have a musical purpose and most are used only for decoration. All of these factors keep prices low and sometimes makes it hard to sell them. In the used market and based on recent sales of similar items, you could expect $100-$200 in the condition you describe. I hope this helps--best wishes!Please select a positive rating at the top before leaving--this is the only way I'm credited for working with you. Thanks!
Hi, I'm checking back to see if you need any more help with this? It show's you've viewed my answer but not selected a rating. Please take just a moment to select a positive rating so I can be credited for my time working with you. Thanks!