Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Fischer baby grand piano serial number 183394 that

Customer Question

I have a Fischer baby grand piano serial number 183394 that was built in the 1940's of a beautiful brown wood. It was my mother's piano, my piano and then my son's piano. It has been kept in very good condition, including having the entire inside removed and cleaned a couple of years ago. The outside has been kept in very good condition as well. I am moving and have had offers to sell it, but I dont know how much it is worth. Can you help me?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Because of the age of the piano, the value has depreciated quite a bit. You mention the inside was cleaned. While this helps keep the piano in good shape, it doesn't really add any value as the work isn't restorative in nature. Based on your description of the piano and considering the used market, I would recommend a current selling range of approximately $2,800-$3,400. Best wishes!
Please select a positive rating before leaving so I am credited for working with you. Thanks!
Hi, I notice you've viewed my answer but not selected a rating. Please let me know if you need more help with this, otherwise please take just a second to select a rating so I'm credited for working with you. Thanks!