Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs. Best of Nashville Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum

Pearl. andre here. i own a sir marshall and sons baby piano.

Customer Question

hi pearl. andre here. i own a sir marshall and sons baby piano. i'm thinking about handing it on to specialists to give it a new finish. and then i will probably sell it. how much can i get for a piano like this? can i send a picture?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: i wouldn't know...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome, Andre! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. Please send photos and sizes.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Doris. As you requested i'm sending photographs. If the quality is not sufficient, let me know - i can get some better pics soon. What "sizes" do you need to know? Sending you best regards ***** ***** Andre
The front width will be sufficient. Do you know the age? Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi DorisI don't know the age. Front width is 123 / 144 centimeters (keys only / outside).Brgds André
I researched Sir Marshall and Sons and Rose Baby Grand pianos while I was waiting for your response.Ones like yours that need refinishing would have a retail vintage store value of 1910 Euro.Once refinished, it would have a retail vintage store value of 2480 Euro.A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
I forgot to check the rating box.It is now checked.Please do not forget my need for a positive rating. 5 stars is the best. Kind regards,Doris