Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

A 5' weber baby grand in walnut finish. About 25 years old.

Customer Question

A 5' weber baby grand in walnut finish. About 25 years old. In excellent condition internally, with just a few very minor scratches on the keyboard cover. Has been maintained (new pads a needed, etc.) every year for last 20 years. Sounds, looks, and plays great. It has been replaced by electronic keyboards in our church, and is taking up valuable space on the stage. We need the sales process to help buy new digital gear for our church.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Jim England, Associate Pastor/Music/Admin at Southfork COuntry Church in Parker (DFW) texas.
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No. As mentioned is in in great shape mechanically and well-maintained. We have the original bench, but a leg got broken on it, but we can have it repaired if needed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. Do you have a serial number please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Where can I find it? I will have to go back to church tomorrow and get it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should I take pictures of the piano as well to send to you?
Thanks for your reply. Please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.htmlPiano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the right Serial number which will allow me to fully date your piano and complete this appraisal for you. There is no hurry, please come back to me when you can. John
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you send me an email address to which I can respond when I find the serial number? My emai is***@******.***
Our messages crossed. Yes pictures, particularly of the internal mechanic, would be very helpful. Please attach them on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar just above the reply section. Sorry, but for security reasons we can only communicate with you on this website. Thanks. John