Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a 1908 Henri Farny & Cte violin, made in Paris, sold

Customer Question

I have a 1908 Henri Farny & Cte violin, made in Paris, sold in San Antonio, Texas to a member of a San Antonio Orchestra.
So far as I know, it remained with the original purchaser's family until I inherited from my father in 2000. In has a slightly damaged case, but the violin seems to be in very good condition, minus strings; bows are included and also appear to be in good shape.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Most of these violins were German made with labels from Paris. Can you post a few photos of this violin, case and bows? Please post clear close ups of any markings or labels also as this will all help in my evaluation of the piece. Thank you I look forward to helping you.