Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.

I have a 1947 Excelsior RIO accordion my father played back

Customer Question

I have a 1947 Excelsior RIO accordion my father played back in elementary school. It is in MINT condition, gills still intact and still plays. Temperature cpntrolled environment for over 60 years. What is it worth?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising musical instruments since 1970 and I can help you with this. This accordion is still sought after. Assuming it is in good playable condition this would sell for $600-800 at auction and insurance value is $1200.Thank you,Wayne
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Wayne. Thanks for the info. I saw on eBay similar accordions listing for $900-$3,500. Are these instruments just being over priced? How or who are these being sought by? Where would I go to list it?
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,People can ask what ever they want for things. I base my appraisals on what things actually sell for. I try to be as accurate and conservative as possible. Vintage Accordions do well on ebay, this is where I would list it.Thanks,Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.Thanks again,Wayne