Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

I own a 1948 knabe grand very good condition. would

Customer Question

I own a 1948 knabe grand very good condition. would like to know its worth
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. I cannot phone you right now but if you could give me the answers to the following questions I will be able to complete the appraisal for you on here. Do you have a serial number please? What is the length of your grand piano measured from the outside edge of the wood along the front of the keys to the farthest edge of the top over the leg farthest away from the keys? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful, but if not I can continue without them if necessary.