John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Kawai console 42" 502-T A35249. Has not been played in 10+

Customer Question

Kawai console 42" 502-T A35249. Has not been played in 10+ years, but has been in climate control for entire life.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. The serial number records show that this Piano was made in the USA in 1992, so it is around 24 years old. Thus it will have some depreciation due to age and some usage. Kawai Pianos have a good reputation for quality and sell quite well in the second-hand market. The 42 inch height means that it is classed as a console piano. The current Kawai models are now slightly higher. Based on the information I have and the details you have supplied, the value will now be in the $1,500 to $1,800 range for a private sale. Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating; therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar general sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me. John
Just checking back again as I have not heard from you and in case you have not received the messages. I am very happy to continue this discussion if you need any more information but if not, I would be most grateful if you could complete the answer process and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top. Many thanks. John