John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

Rosewood Square Grand Piano. Made by Dunham, N. Y. on

Customer Question

Rosewood Square Grand Piano.
Made by Dunham, N. Y. on about 1872 or 1873
Sold by Chas. Woodhouse & Company, Richmond VA.
Serial # 8231
Condition is fair. One metal pedal is broke and the harp needs to be reattached
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. When was this piano last tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics and showing the point about the harp needing reattaching that would be very helpful. Could you attach them on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, but if not I can continue without them if necessary.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I work with John or you?Optional Information:As I told John, It is in rather good condition. The Rosewood looks good. On metal pedal is broken, but I have the pieces. The harp needs dome attention. Overall it looks good. A fellow tried to tune it a few years ago, but the wooden block will not hold very well. All the keys work. Do I need to send photos? If so, how do I send photos?
Hello. I am John but my sign in name is pianosandmusic.Yes, please send the pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics. Could you attach them on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar just above where you type your reply.Thank you.John
Hello again. It seems that the system is saying "I'm ready to be rated", which is incorrect. I cannot cancel it, but please ignore this and any reminders you may receive until I have fully completed the question for you. Thank you. John
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
John,I'll get back to you when I have some photos. The 2 White keys at the high (right) end ot the keyboard do not work, but they use to work. I can't show much or rtell you much about the harp, but somehow I think it will be an easy fix. I may take me a day or so to get back to you.Dick
Hello Dick, Thanks for the update. It is not a problem, please come back on here when you can. John
Just checking back again as I have not heard from you and in case you have not received the messages. Many thanks. John