Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a 1925 Aeolian-Weber player grand piano works great

Customer Question

I have a 1925 Aeolian-Weber player grand piano works great and is in good condition, I want to sell it, can u give me a estamate?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 8 months ago.
When was it last tuned?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In 2012
Thanks for the information. You said it was appraised 15 years ago at $12,000? Who appraised it for that figure? Do you have any paperwork for that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No just hearsay
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, based on the info you provided of the maker and age alone, this piano would not be valued anywhere near $12k. If it were a Steinway, that would be possible, but few other brands that are this old and in original condition would command that price. Aeolian was one of the biggest names in piano building through most of the 20th century, though the company was out of business in the 1980's. Based on the maker, type, age, described condition and used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $2,500-$3,300. Best wishes!Please select a positive rating at the top before leaving--this is the only way I'm credited for my time with you. Thanks!
Hi, just checking back to see if you needed more help on this? I notice you have viewed my answer but not selected a rating. If you can take just a moment to select a rating that will help me out a lot. Thanks!