Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

What is the current value of an 1893 Steinway & Sons white

Customer Question

What is the current value of an 1893 Steinway & Sons white mahogany carved art-case vertical Grand piano, together with its matching upholstered bench, in perfectly restored condition?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. Do you have a serial number please? You mentioned "restored condition", when was the restoration work completed and what was included? Were all of the internal mechanics restored or replaced? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained since the restoration? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.