Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a 1915 Wellington / Cable upright piano with a serial

Customer Question

I have a 1915 Wellington / Cable upright piano with a serial number 192246. It is in fair condition and would like to get an approximate value
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: no history. My wife's family is from Chicago and she inherited it.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thank yoy
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Do you know if any of the internal mechanics have been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful, but if not I can continue without them if necessary.