Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a violin that is at least a 100 years old. It came

Customer Question

Hi. I have a violin that is at least a 100 years old. It came from a house that was built in the 1770s! The backside of the instrument is inlaid with an intricate abaloney in daimonds paterns. CAN I SEND SUM PICS? It has cursive writing w/in recording that it had been repaired at the "violin hospital ", "Dolan" & a " F" w/in a triangle, Evensville Ind. USA 9-18-11. My name is ***** ***** # *****(###) ###-####can I pay 4 appraisal with PayPal?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 8 months ago.
Hi Kelly,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.I really know nothing about the money here - I just answer questions. You should contact***@******.*** and someone will help you with that. Pictures would be wonderful. Please see our help page for help uploading images.http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expertOr:Go to http://www.imgur.com.1. Click "Computer".2. Double click the image you want to upload.3. Click "Start Upload".4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.If that doesn't work for you:You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text. Please also give me the exact wording on the label in the violin.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So it's pretty much as I said. The only writing I can find says that it was "repaired by "Dolan" "F" (except the F had a triangle around it:) "at the violin hospital ", "Evensville Ind USA 9-18-11
Thanks for the two photos, Kelly. They are both pictures of the back of the violin. Can you add one of the front, please? Also, where did you find the repair information?