Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a 1920 Aeolian upright number 64758 that I would like

Customer Question

I have a 1920 Aeolian upright number 64758 that I would like to sell. I would like to know its value. I consider it in good condition although it does need to be tuned
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. Is this a Player Piano or former Player Piano as the dating you have given fits in with the serial number records for the Aeolian Player Piano brands for a year of build of 1920. When was it last tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? What is the height? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that could be very helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer email I received from you regarding the appraisal of my 1920 Aeolian Piano was supposed to have had a link or button to click on to obtain my answer, but instead there was a red box with a line of HTML code in it, and it was unclickable. I have attached the email I received for you to see for yourself. I will not pay the fee or the deposit unless this matter is resolved to my satisfaction. Thank you for you help, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Martha
Hello Martha, I am sorry that you are having this problem. There is not an attachment on here. The email should just alert you to the fact that there has been a response on here for you to log in on here and view. I am not sure how this email problem has happened - it is the first time I have heard of such an occurrence. Please contact Customer Services directly if it happens again or if you wish to have them investigate, using the link on this page. Can we continue on here with the appraisal which is how the process is normally conducted to complete the answer for you? Please let me know. John