Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

Iam posses an upright Piano , walnut with brass candleholders

Customer Question

Iam posses an upright Piano , walnut with brass candleholders both sides, made by I.H. Ehlert nr.1040 København . Inside the piano are plaques reading: won prizes in Viena the years of 1873 & 1875.. Could please let me know what this beautyful Piano would be worth today. Thanking you in advance for your effort. Kind regards ***** *****
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your question Ursula. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. The only entry I have found so far in the record is that J.H. Ehlert were based in Copenhagen, Denmark from 1867, but there are no serial number records to fully date your piano. Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? If you have any pictures of the outside of your piano but also of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful to establishing the age and condition of the main mechanical parts.
Expert:  russell-cssm replied 6 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
[3/30/2016 2:20:53 AM] Leo Andro Sotto: ***** ***** ko na to papsi
Hello again Ursula. Do you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you. John.