Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have an Ivers and Pond baby grand serial number 78359. The

Customer Question

I have an Ivers and Pond baby grand serial number 78359. The pianist has passed and I am interested in selling it
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is in very good shape has a bench with it I'm not sure when the last time and has been tuned
JA: Anything else I can tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: I Don't know
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your question! This piano dates to 1934 based on the serial you provided. Ivers and Pond was a well known American company though they have been out of business for many years now. Because of the old age of the instrument, it is at a point where most of its value is gone. Pianos lose value as they age because of the decline in mechanical condition that happens over time. Based on the information provided and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $2,000-$2,700 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please select a positive rating at the top before leaving--it's the only way I'm credited for working with you and it really helps me out. Thanks!
Hi, checking back to see if you need more help? If not, please be sure to select a positive rating at the top. This is the only way I'm credited for working with you and it really helps me out. Thanks!