Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

I have a Sohmer & Co baby grand piano Cupid Model serial

Customer Question

I have a Sohmer & Co baby grand piano Cupid Model serial 62836. when was this piano built and what is current retail value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Was it a total rebuild of the internal mechanics plus refinishing of the outside cabinet in 1990? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained since then? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.

Hello again. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them to give you a ballpark appraisal if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.