twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a E.R Pfretzschner Mittenwald Obb. 1966 Violin.

Customer Question

I have a E.R Pfretzschner Mittenwald Obb. 1966 Violin. Antonius Stradivarius hand made copy. West Germany. in good condition, no cracks or seperating of any kind. it comes with 2 bows and a case. Would like to know the value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

The E. R. Pfretzschner violins were commercially made from around 1950 to the early 1980's for the Scherl & Roth company. There was never an actual maker with that name. The name is ***** ***** by another firm. They are still commercially made factory instruments and they don't sell for much.

If your violin is in very good condition with very good tone, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $300.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Tony.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.