Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a Hyindai Grand Piano model G 50 A gh Gloss with a

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Hyindai Grand Piano model G 50 A Ebony high Gloss with a player system on it I am not sure of the year or what is it worth. It is in excellent condition. Serial # ***** Any idea what year it is and what is it worth with the player system?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Musical Instrument Appraisers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

This piano was made by Samick in South Korea and the serial number you provided dates it back to 1993. Samick produces a high number of glossy black baby grands under a number of different names for the North American market. They are lower priced instruments compared to other Asian brands and often are sold with player units, like yours. Since not all buyers want a player system with their piano and because technology is constantly improving, the player system itself depreciates faster than the piano. Based on your description of the condition and figuring depreciation in value with age, I would recommend a current selling range of approximately $3,600-$4,200. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating at the top (3 stars or better) before leaving. This is the only way the site credits me for working with you and it really helps me out. Thanks!

Hi--checking back to see if you needed more help? I notice you have viewed my answer but not selected a rating. Please select one before leaving so I am credited for working with you. It really helps me out. Thanks!