Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

Hell9 I have an Aria 9440 acoustic that I can find only very

Customer Question

Hell9 I have an Aria 9440 acoustic that I can find only very little info on. Except for the bridge and pick guard it looks like a Gibson J200. I purchased it from the original owner that said he purchased it in the latter part of the 70's. The guitar sounds great. It had aged to a beautiful yellow from its original natural color. Also the few I have found in my research show an HF before the number 9440, mine is only stamped 9440.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Your guitar was made in 1975 this was the way they were stamped with just 9440. Later models were stamped hf-9440. These are selling at auction and on the secondary market for $400-600.

Thank you,