Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

A Antonio Stradivarius violin its in rough shape but maybe

Customer Question

a Antonio Stradivarius violin its in rough shape but maybe still worth something
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: in side it says Antonius stradiuarius cremonensis faciebat anno 17 something made in czecho-sloakia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Musical Instrument Appraiser is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Musical Instrument Appraiser in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Musical Instrument Appraiser until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 8 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. thank you for asking this question. It is one of the most frequently questions asked.

This is one of the most frequently asked question.

First some background.

Antonio Stradivari, also known by the Latin form of his name, Antonius Stradivarius, was a master craftsman who revolutionized the design of the violin. The instruments that he crafted in the late 1600s and early 1700s are considered to be the finest ever made because of the unsurpassed quality of their tone. There are approximately 650 of his violins known still to exist. Each one is listed and accounted for.

Next: Czechoslovakia was a country that existed from October 1918, when it declared its independence from the

Austro-Hungarian Empire until its dissolution Slovakia and the Czech Republic in 1993.

At the beginning of the 20th century mail order house such as Sears began selling inexpensive violins with the Stradivarius label. These were produced in the thousands first in Germany and then in Czechoslovakia.

Today a Stradivarius made in Czechoslovakia sells for $150.00 to $450.00 each depending on their condition.