Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

We would like the value of our piano The serial # 20474 It

Customer Question

We would like the value of our piano
The serial # *****
It is a Kimball
Made by Chicago Whitney
Corbridge (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the model and value.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the piano and any labels that you find.

Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 7 months ago.

Hi Pam, I am Tyler, a musical instrument appraiser specializing in piano appraisal with nearly 5,000 appraisals completed so far. I can help you with this. I am assuming this piano is an upright grand, based on age and the high number of Kimball uprights being made at the time. It was made in 1892 based on the serial you provided. Condition will be a major factor in the value of this piano since it is over 100 years old. I am assuming it is in original condition with no restoration, refinishing or rebuilding. If it has been tuned on an annual basis that will help with value and buyer confidence if selling. Because the mechanical parts are so old, most would recommend rebuilding. Based on this factor as well as maker, age and comparable sales in the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $100-$400. Take the higher end of that if you've had it tuned annually and/or if there are any decorative features like wood carvings in the casework. If there are mechanical or significant cosmetic problems then aim toward the lower end of that range. I hope this helps, best of luck!
Please select a positive rating before leaving (3 stars or better)--this is the only way I'm credited for my time and really helps me out. Thanks!

Hi, checking back to see if you needed further help with this? If not, I would appreciate you selecting a positive rating at the top. This is the only way the site credits me for working with you. Thanks!