twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a Kawai piano serial number K929524 in mint

Customer Question

I have a Kawai piano serial number K929524 in mint condition. Wondering the value of it.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Melissa,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Has your piano been regularly tuned? Has it had any internal restoration?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is regularly tuned and. Everything in in is original. Looks brand new inside and out

The serial number indicates that your piano was built in 1977.

Old pianos have no value just for being old. In other words, prospective buyers are not collecting pianos; they want to be able to play them. Pianos have parts that wear out and must be replaced. So, old pianos are at a disadvantage in the market.

If your piano is in excellent un-restored condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $2,000. Fully restored, the value would be $5,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Melissa.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 8 months ago.

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.