Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

We have a schaaf piano with number inside 8191. It is in

Customer Question

We have a Adam schaaf piano with number inside 8191. It is in fair to good condition. Mahogany wood with scroll work.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

The records show that your piano was built just before 1900. Could you let me know if this is an upright piano or a grand piano. If it is an upright could you please give me the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid. If it is a grand piano could I have the maximum length measured to the point over the leg furthest away from the keys. Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?