Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

M. schults grand piano fully restored to original walnut

Customer Question

M. schults grand piano fully restored to original walnut finsh. Serial 212717. Any idea on the value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 11 months ago.

Hi, can you check spelling of the name--should it actually be "Schulz"?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you are correct. M Schulz Chicago

Thanks. Can you also tell me if this is an upright or grand? Also, the restoration you speak of was just a refinishing of the piano right? No mechanical work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a grand piano and the mechanical work was done also.

OK. Do you know the extent of work done, or what price was paid for the restoration? If you have any photos of it available that would help as well. They can be attached here in your reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have any photos but can have some by next week. I don not know the amount paid but it wasn't cheap:)

OK. Since you don't know exactly what was done or the price, having photos would be helpful. The term "restoration" gets thrown around pretty easily in the piano world and it can mean many different things. If you can provide photos that show the overall piano as well as the inside strings, pins, hammers, etc that would be most helpful.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can do that. Do I re sign in when I have the photos? I'm not sure how it all works.

Sure. You have likely already created an account. Just sign back in and view this question where you can reply.