twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a violin that says its a copy of strat, but is made

Customer Question

i have a violin that says its a copy of strat, but is made bt Erich P. the model i guess is 3011-C and the serial is 870397 written in ink, any thoughts?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 9 months ago.

HiCustomer

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please tell me the exact wording on the label in your violin.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Erich Pfretzschner
MITTENWALD OBB.
19__ HANDMADE COPY OF
SERIAL ANTONIUS STRADIVARIUS MODEL
WEST GERMANYthe numbers 870397 are written in ink

Thank you for this information,Customer

The label in your violin is a trademark of International strings of Mountainside, New Jersey. The trademark was registered in 1988 and abandoned in 1989. The company had the violins it sold made in West Germany.

If your violin is in very good condition with very good tone, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $750. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $300, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you,Customer

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

HiCustomer

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.