Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Baus piano company new york 1921 upright

Customer Question

baus piano company new york 1921 upright
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Do you have a serial number please? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is a Baus Piano Company New York 1921 Piano. US pa no(###) ###-#### ***** do not know where the serial number is ***** the piano.
It has been in my family for 3 generations. It has been tuned since I have had it starting in 1998. I did not restore in inside. According to my piano tuner who is a well known musician it plays well and all parts in good condition. Where is the serial number? I found the name after taking the top on right upper corner. I have photos.Michelle Jarvis

Thank you for your reply and your patience Michelle.

To find the Serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the right Serial number, but if it is still not visible I can complete this for you on the information I have so far.

Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 11 months ago.

Hello Michelle. Just wondering if you have had any luck finding the serial number or should I complete this appraisal for you with the information I have so far? Please let me know. Many thanks. John.