Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

My great grandfather made a hardanger fiddle in 1935 at the

Customer Question

my great grandfather made a hardanger fiddle in 1935 at the age of 85.It was made from material fom a bed and dressor brought from norway in 1876. I have a fiddle passed down to me and would like to know if it could be the same. how can i find out and if it has more than sentamental value
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: it has no lables to be found inside but is very good detail
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Douglas,

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

There's one part of your question that is a little confusing me. You say, "I have a fiddle passed down to me and would like to know if it could be the same." The same as what?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the same one he made.

You wnt to know if the fiddle you have is the one your great grandfather made? I can value it for you, but there is no way to tell who made it without a label inside or other provenance. Do you still want me to value it for you?