Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Well, since you've popped up here. I'm doing some research

Customer Question

Well, since you've popped up here. I'm doing some research to figure out whether I want to undertake restoring an old Weber square grand that came with an old house I bought in Eufaula Alabama. Serial number 9024.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Only the serial number. And that the case is in good condition, the whole thing is complete, some veneer separation, and I have no clue as to the sound board or action condition. It is not playable
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It's heavy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 9 months ago.

Why do you want to restore it?