Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I would like to sell my upright and fid out it's worth.

Customer Question

I would like to sell my upright and fid out it's worth. Serial number 320695
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

What is the name of your piano on the lid over the keys? Prior to needing tuning now has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained. Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable-nelson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial # *****

Thanks for the serial number.

I see that you have asked for a phone call. I cannot call you right now but I can carry on to complete your appraisal on here with more details for you to see.

The serial number gives a year of build of 1961. Based on that and the details in your initial question I would assume that the internal mechanics are as originally built, is that correct? Has it been fairly regularly tuned? One last question is, what is the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid?

Hello again. I see that you have viewed my reply but you have not confirmed if you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation. Please let me know. Thank you.