John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

Husband had a grand aunt who lived in Baltimore and she gave

Customer Question

Husband had a grand aunt who lived in Baltimore and she gave him her antique player Organ and he sold it in 1980 just prior to me meeting him for $11,000.
It was very ornate solid oak with beautiful detailing on it
Someone came from out of state to buy it and again Maryland sticks in my head. He gave the man several rolls but not all of them and I have many boxes of these, of which I know are worth more than others.
In 1980 she was in her mid to late 80s so I'm not exactly sure when she acquired this Organ.
Would something like this be of interest to you?
I probably have over 400 of them.
These have the number "60" on the roll.
Two of the rolls are as follows: 20490 Aeolian Grand Ben Hur Waltzes "Hoffman" and 30453 same brand "Overture: La Traviata" Verdi
I do not want to be charged 30 or $35 or $45! I am only agreeing to a five dollar good will deposit it after you respond I have course if your information is valuable to me I would be more than happy to pay more. So please do not charge my account more than five dollars at this point
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

Generally these rolls only achieve a dollar or less each. However there are some collectors who are looking for some of the more rare ones.

You could sell them by detailing each one on a website such as eBay but it is not an easy process and often you can end up with them only selling for very low figures. Another option is to sell them as a job lot through an auction but again you will have the Auctioneering fees to pay.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating, therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar general sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.