Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

What is the resale value of a Kawai GM2(A) Serial #2323218?

Customer Question

What is the resale value of a Kawai GM2(A) Serial #2323218 ? The finish is Ebony Polish and barely used.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question!

In checking Kawai serial records I find this piano was built in 1998. The GM-2 was an entry level baby grand piano of 5'1" overall length. This model is no longer made, though Kawai has a similar model in production. Since yours is on the newer side, there won't be too much value depreciation as there should be a lot of life left in the piano. Based on make, model, described condition and used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $5,400-$5,900. Best wishes!

Please help me out by selecting a positive rating before leaving. This is the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks!

Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I notice you have viewed my answer but not selected a rating. It would help me out greatly if you would select a rating, otherwise I am not credited for my time working with you even though you have already paid the website for the service. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!