Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I am trying to determine a fair selling price Mehlin & Sons

Customer Question

I am trying to determine a fair selling price for a Mehlin & Sons Viola Grand circa 1920's ... I am downsizing and moving and want to find the piano a decent home... I know it's not worth much... just trying to find out approximate selling price.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cabinet has some damage == nicks scratches etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Musical Instrument Appraisers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Do you have a serial number please? If you need to know where to find the serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case and part numbers. Please try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the correct number.

What is the length of your Grand Piano? Has it been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

Hello again. It seems that you may not have viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive it, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. I do not have further need of your services

Thank you for letting me know.