Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have an upright Humphrey london.it looks like it is from

Customer Question

I have an upright Humphrey london.it looks like it is from early 1900's.serial # ***** would like to know the date it was made and what it's worth.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 10 months ago.

Do you have any photos of it you can attach?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sure

Thanks. Please allow some time to look into this. Be advised serial records for this company may not exist and I wouldn't be able to find the year built in that case but I will check for them.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When can I expect an answer?

Please allow a couple of hours.

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, with this maker there are no remaining serial records to reference the age of your piano. There is only an entry indicating the company was established in 1883. I would agree with your assumption that this piano is likely from the early 20th century. Because of the very old age of the instrument, the value will have depreciated significantly. This is due to mechanical wear which occurs over time. Assuming your piano is still in good original condition mechanically, I would suggest a selling range today of approximately $400-$700 USD. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--this is the only way I'm credited for working on your appraisal. Thanks!

Hi, do you still need help?

Hi, checking back again. Did you have any questions about my answer I provided? It appears this question is still unrated. Please take just a second to rate it before leaving so I am credited for this appraisal. Thanks!