twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

WHAT IS ASKING PRICE OF STEINWAY UPRIGHT GRAND RESTORED

Customer Question

WHAT IS ASKING PRICE OF STEINWAY UPRIGHT GRAND RESTORED 2004...SERIAL NUMBER 69764 BUILT 1889
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Steinway's Vertigrand upright piano was one of the most popular pianos ever made. "Upright Grand" and "Cabinet Grand"
were terms used referring to very tall upright pianos, usually 52" or more in height.

In fully restored condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your 1889 Steinway upright grand piano is approximately $15,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $6,000, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!