Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I live in the small village of Zanesfield, Ohio, USA. On

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** live in the small village of Zanesfield, Ohio, USA. On Nov. 2, 2015 my husband was ringing the bell at out church The Community Chapel of Zanesfield, the bell fell out of the tower and came crashing down. We have been able to reenforce the bell towel and foma;;u were able to rehang the bell this Nov almost exactly one year later. The bell is a Naylor-Vickers & Co. 180 #1428, Sheffield E. Riepe's patent, in cast steel. We would like to find out more information on the bell and we are planning a rededication of the bell and would like to find out as much information we can on this bell.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just wanting to know if in fact this bell was cast in Sheffield England, in 1860, and if possible who orignally got the bell, as we are almost certain the church it is in was not built until later in the 1800.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Musical Instrument Appraisal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am not in any hurry, I have been trying to search the internet and really don't know where else to look.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Vicky

I can give you some history on the company, a link ! I can also give you a Spread Sheet that has been created that accounts from this companies bells by the serial numbers, yours is not on the sheet but, one of the numbers is close to your number it went to Toledo Oh,.

If you are interested in this information I would be happy to assist you with it.

Glenda

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** that was trying to contact the company somehow so that our bell could be on the spreadsheet

Hello

I guess I am a bit confused, you are wanting to contact the company to put your bell on the sheet?

Or was wanting to know who the original owner was?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wanted them to know we have that bell, and also if they knew where the bell was originally. But mainly to let them know for their history where the bell is

I see, there is no listing for the persons who put the list together that I can find. I do not know how you can find who made the list. Sorry.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for what you have done. We will try something else, or just let it go. That is all I need. Thanks again, but we do not want to subscribe in the future.

Hello

I did not send anything about a subscription, that came from the justanswer site. Appraisers are independent of the site, we come to the site to answer questions that customers post there.

Hope you find what you need. If you need anymore help feel free asking for me.

Glenda