Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Shoninger upright serial #44210 and I cannot find

Customer Question

Hello I have a Shoninger upright serial #44210 and I cannot find any info about it...can you help? Thanks
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

The serial number gives a year of build of circa 1964. Shoninger was a name used by the National Piano Corp. which was based at***** New York until they closed in 1964, so your piano would appear to be one of the latter ones made. Do you need a value for retail purposes?

What is the height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained. Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

Hello againCustomer It looks like you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the information request is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.