Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

We are trying to get added insurance piano that was gifted

Customer Question

We are trying to get added insurance for a piano that was gifted to us. It is a Chickering and the serial number is ***** We need a ball park figure on what it is worth. It is playable and in good condition.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

The serial number indicates that your piano is quite an early one. Could you let me know if this is an upright piano or a grand piano. If it is an upright could you please give me the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid. If it is a grand piano could I have the maximum length measured to the point over the leg furthest away from the keys.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please? Do you have any photos which you could attach on here using the paperclip on the menu bar please?

Hello again. It looks like you have not viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the information request is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you.