Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We unfortunately have to sell our Baldwin Acrosonic, serial

Customer Question

Hello, we unfortunately have to sell our Baldwin Acrosonic, serial number 380848. I need to know its value, and any ideas on how to sell! Thanks.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 10 months ago.

What's the height of it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
36"

Thanks. I'm looking into this now.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.

Thanks for your patience! This piano dates back to 1946. At 36", it would be considered a spinet size. This was the smallest type of upright built and was limited in tone and volume due to shorter strings and a smaller soundboard. Baldwin spinets were known for their solid construction so these usually sell for a bit more than another company's spinet. That said, the very old age of the piano means much of its value has been lost to depreciation. In the current used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $350-$550. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating at the top before leaving so I am credited for working with you on this. If you have any follow up questions, please reply. Thanks!

Hi did you need more help with this? If not, please select a rating to finish us out. This is the only way I get credit for working with you. Thanks!