LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

It's 1922 Holton silver plated trombone with mouthpiece and

Customer Question

Hi
It's 1922 Frank Holton silver plated trombone with mouthpiece and case.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, here is a brief biography on Holton.

Among the leading musicians of the late nineteenth century, Frank Holton emerged from humble West Michigan roots to become not only a celebrated trombonist but one of the most successful musical instrument manufacturers in the world. From his days as a performer with Barnum and Bailey’s circus band and the great bands of Ellis Brooks and John Philip Sousa, to his later years when the company he started supplied the world’s greatest musicians with the tools of their trade, Frank Holton brought great pride to his friends in Kalamazoo and across the nation as both a musician and as an innovator.

A silver plated trombone with mouthpiece and case has a retail value of 250.00 in rough working condition and worn case $850.00 if trombone and case are in good to excellent condition.

If I may be of further service please let me know I am happy to help.

***

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

wanted to check if you had had a chance review my answer and had any further questions. Please let me know thank you Tanya