John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

What is the approximate value of a Lester spine piano and

Customer Question

What is the approximate value of a Lester spine piano and bench made in 1966? Both piano and bench are in like new condition.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

Based on the year of build being 1966, your piano is just over 50 years old. Spinet pianos of around 40 inches or less in height are generally no longer made, because the soundboard had to be much smaller than in a standard sized piano, so that it could fit into the restricted space and thus the sound tended to be restricted when compared with a full size piano of 48 inches or more height.

Thus based on the information I have and that which you have provided, I believe your piano has a value in the $700 to $1000 range for a private sale. There are a good many of this size of piano around and for sale.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating, therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.

Hello again Jim. It seems that you may not have viewed my answer to your question or you have not received the Email to advise you that the appraisal answer is on here waiting for you. So may I ask if you need any further help? If you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please complete the question process by clicking on the Star Rating button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top of this page. Thank you.