Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Kimball baby grand serial no. BO4870. how old and

Customer Question

I have a Kimball baby grand serial no. BO4870. how old and is it worth anything?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question!

Based on that serial number it looks like your piano was built in 1978. Kimball pianos unfortunately were not built too well in the later part of the 20th century and their pricing was on the lower end. They are no longer in business today. You mention the piano "needs work" so I am assuming the condition is "fair". If there are significant issues that render the piano unplayable or unable to hold pitch after tuning then this price would need to be adjusted to take that into account. Based on your description as well as the used piano market and depreciation from age, I would recommend a selling price today of approximately $2,000-$2,600. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating at the top before leaving--this is the only way I'm credited for answering your question. Thanks!

Hi, do you need more help with this?