Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

How do I know I have a Nicolaus Amatus Fecit in Cremona 16

Customer Question

how do I know I have a Nicolaus Amatus Fecit in Cremona 16 violin. That is what is says on one side, the other side says Johann Hoffman Geigenmacher, I think Gadjfen or Cachfen. Jeff
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This was made later by a German factory. The word Geigenmacher means violin maker. It is a word used by many German makers, but never by Johann Hoffmann. In good playable condition, this would sell for $300-500 at auction.

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,